Monday, March 16, 2009

New update

Thank you for your care and concern. I am feeling better each day. I was having alot of trouble getting over the mucousitis, which made it difficult to keep food down, but the dead layers have finally started sloughing off. This last week I have also been battling an intestinal bacterial infection (c-diff). Now I just have to put on enough weight that round two can eat without putting me in the hospital. (I lost 30 pounds the first round). It's especially difficult this 2nd round to have a positive attitude because I know exactly what I am getting in to, and I am feeling so good right now!
Yesterday, I got to go to a family dinner with all my siblings and their kids and all my own kids. I had to wear a mask the whole time, but this is the first time in 5 months that I have been able to get this close to my neices and nephews. Actually, it is the first time I have been in a public situation. Every time I passed someone they "petted" my head which has about 1/2" of hair now. The kids were facinated! My 15 year old nephew looked just like me! (He keeps his hair really short)
I doubt that I will be starting phase 2 for at least 3-4 weeks, so we are going to try to get to Moab now that it has warmed up, before I start.
Well, I'm half way there. By Fall my hair can really grow and I can be excited about feeling better and better. Love, Becki

3 comments:

Robyne Tueller said...

Becki
Thank you for your update.
I was thrilled to hear about you being with extended family once again.
Excited for your Moab trip! The warmth of the sun and the beautiful red rocks sound particularly healing. Let's hope it does you a world of good! Enjoy the trip and know we continue to cheer you on! We admire your courage and faith. Love to you and your family. Robyne Tueller

Mary said...

Becki - It is so good to hear from YOU! I am so happy for you that you were able to be around your whole family. Have a wonderful trip to Moab. Our prayers are with you. Love, Mary

Celeste said...

It is good to have you write. You are so amazing! My childern include you in our family prayers every night. Know that we will double the prayers for the next round. Maybe it will be like giving birth to the second child. You know it will be hard but you also know how to get through it. I love you! Celeste