Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's not Goodbye, but See ya Later

So how do I even start? A month ago, on Mother's Day to be exact, my family and I decided to stop all chemo and any further treatments for my cancer. We are going to allow the disease to take it's course. This was an incredibly difficult decision for everyone, but the chemos seem to be causing more damage than good. My bone marrow has been saturated by cancerous cells and all chemo will do is prolong the process. I have spent the last 3 years fighting hard and giving my all, but the time has come to let go.
I have no fear of returning home and look forward to seeing the generations of friends and family I have on the other side, including my son Nathanael. I know that I will still have a part in my family's lives here on the earth and though I have cried buckets of tears and will miss my family immensely, I know this is God's will and that is my greatest desire to fulfill His will.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Becki you are an amazing woman and such an exmple to us all - I have learned so much from you - I love you and am praying for comfort for you and your sweet family

Dawn said...

Our family has thought so much about you through out your battle. We continue to pray for you and your family. Your testimony of the gospel is so strong and that is what will carry you and your family through this difficult time and the years to come. You have been such an example of faith. Many times my dad has been touched by your talks and testimony is sacrament - so much that he has shared your messages with all of us. We will continue to pray for peace and comfort for you and your sweet family. How blessed we are to KNOW without a doubt that this life is not the end and that one day we will be reunited with those we miss and love so very much.
Much love to you and your family.